Kingspan Kooltherm K3 Floor Insulation Panels
Kingspan Kooltherm K3 Floorboard is a super high performance, fibre-free rigid thermoset closed cell phenolic insulation core, sandwiched between an upper tissue-based facing and a lower facing of highly reflective aluminium foil autohesively bonded to the insulation core during manufacture. Kooltherm K3 Floorboard is manufactured without the use of CFCs/HCFCs and has zero Ozone Depleting Potential (ODP) and low Global Warming Potential (GWP).
K3 Floor Insulation – Key Benefits
- Super high performance rigid thermoset phenolic insulation
- Fibre-free, closed cell insulation core
- Resistant to the passage of water vapour
- Easy to handle and install floor board insulation
- Ideal for new build and refurbishment
- Suitable as a concrete floor insulation
- Manufactured with a CFC/HCFC-free blowing agent that has zero ODP and low GWP
- Compliant with AS/NZS 4859.1
- CodeMark certified
- FM Approved
- Group 1 BCA fire classification
Insulation for Concrete Floors and Suspended Ground Floors
Did you know you can lose up to 10% of your heat through your floor? Installing underfloor insulation at the ground level of your house can vastly reduce heat loss and create a more comfortable floor temperature for you and your family to walk on. Depending if your floor in you home is ground bearing or a suspended floor installation of insulation can vary. For new and existing homes with suspended timbers floors which can’t be accessed from below the floorboards can be removed from above to allow for insulating under floorboards with Kooltherm K3 Floorboard between each floor joist. Kingspan Kooltherm K3 Floorboard is a premium performance rigid thermoset phenolic insulation board for use with solid concrete and suspended ground floors can be placed directly onto the concrete floor. Before the existing floorboards are reinstated a fully sealed vapour control layer is installed above the floor joists, below the floorboards thus making the floor vapour tight and airtight. At all times adequate and unobstructed ventilation must be maintained to the underside of the suspended timber floor joists.For new houses with which have a solid ground bearing concrete floor construction a continuous damp-proof membrane/radon barrier beneath is required beneath the insulation or below the structural floor slab, taking care to overlap with any damp-proof course in the external walls. Then the premium performance Kingspan Kooltherm K3 Floorboard can be placed directly onto the damp proof membrane or concrete floor slab. The Kooltherm K3 Floorboard is then overlaid with a separation layer before the installation of the floor screed.
Why Use K3 Floor Slab Insulation in New Constructions?
• It reduces heat loss through the floor
• Minimizes thermal bridging
• Makes the concrete floor part of the thermal mass of the conditioned space, thereby reducing interior temperature swings.
• Makes your home feel more comfortable and easier to heat.
What are the Benefits of Kooltherm K3 in Existing Constructions?
• Will reduce heat loss
• Help towards reducing energy costs
• Reduce draughts due to the installation of a vapour control layer.
• Make your home feel more comfortable and easier to heat.