Kingspan Kooltherm K8 Cavity Wall Insulation
Kooltherm K8 Cavity Wall Insulation is a super high performance, fibre-free rigid thermoset closed cell phenolic insulation core, sandwiched between two layers of reflective, low emissivity composite foil autohesively bonded to the insulation core during manufacture. This reflective, low emissivity surface improves the thermal resistance of any cavity adjacent to the board.
Key Benefits of K8 Cavity Wall Insulation
- Super high performance rigid thermoset phenolic insulation
- Fibre-free, closed cell insulation core
- Clear cavity is maintained – resists moisture penetration
- Low emissivity foil facings significantly increase the thermal resistance of the cavity
- Easy to handle and install
- Manufactured with a CFC/HCFC-free blowing agent that has zero ODP and low GWP
- Compliant with AS/NZS 4859.1
- CodeMark-certified for BCA compliance
Installation Instructions for K8 Cavity Insulation
- Construct the inner leaf to at least an appropriate level to allow installation of Kingspan K8 Cavity Board toproceed.
- Remove excess mortar and mortar droppings from exposed edges of any installed insulation boards.
- Offer the K8 Cavity Board to the external face of the internal leaf and secure in place using thewall ties and retaining disc / clip.
- Ensure wall ties include a retaining disc / clip and be of the double drip type, installed drip downward.
- The outer leaf is then built up to the level of the top of the boards and the process is repeated.
- Ensure that a residual cavity of at least 40 mm is maintained in accordance with the moisture penetration provisions set out inthe masonry structures standard