- All Products
- Rigid Board Insulation / EPS Panels
- Shop By Brand
- Wall Insulation
- Ceiling Insulation
- Acoustic Insulation
- Underfloor Insulation
- Blanket Insulation
- Sisalation / Foil Wrap
The floor is one of the three main areas of your property that contributes to heat loss. As experts in the insulation industry, we can confirm that up to 15% of heat can loss through the floor. So, we can't ignore the floor when discussing “how to minimize heat loss in your home.” Sufficient insulation between the floor surface and ground is the solution to this issue. Well, your property's floor may look 100% seal, but heat can leak through it. Even a 100% sealed floor can contribute to heat loss via conduction.
Why does heat leak through the floor? Temperature is a parameter that flows from high-intensity place to a low-intensity one. What happens during the winter? The inside temperature of your home is higher than that of the ground. As a result, the temperature (heat) moves from the floor (hotter place) to the ground (colder place) via conduction. Under-Floor Insulation is the only way to minimize this effect. According to the latest statistics, a considerable percentage of Australian houses lack in under-floor Insulation.
Short-term and long-term benefits of Underfloor Insulation
- Chilly floorboards is an often-heard issue during winter (walking on cold floorboards is a nightmare.) The opposite takes place during summer. The floor gets heated by the heat gain from the ground, leading to temperature fluctuations. Under Floor Insulation quickly resolves these issues. Fewer temperature fluctuations mean you can minimize the use of heaters and air conditioners. In other words, you can save thousands of dollars in the long run on your energy bills.
- No need to wear socks: During winter, an uninsulated floor temperature can drop beyond comfortable ranges. So, in homes where the floor is not insulated; you will have to wear thick socks all the time during winter to keep your feet warm.
- 10% energy usage reduction: As mentioned, the floor can contribute up to 15% heat loss, and Under-floor Insulation can minimize it, allowing you to trap more heat within your home. Now, you can keep heaters/air conditioners turned off during winter and summer.
Underfloor Insulation options: At No Gap Insulation, we sell a wide range of insulation for your property's floor. Polyester Rolls, Extruded Polystyrene, and Glasswool Insulation Batts are the best options. Modern insulating materials are 100% free from asbestos. Anyway, you should be cautious when installing underfloor Insulation yourself. Should you contact professionals in the industry here? Well, the choice is yours; the professionals always can do it better and efficiently than you.
Contact us today for more information on the right insulating material type for your property's floor. A few quick tips:
- The area beneath your property can be full of hazards such as protruding nails, broken glass, discarded items, and even snakes. Wear safety clothing such as safety boots and long trouser.
- Make sure you can see what is in there, so a torch or a light source is a must-have.
- Hiring professional installers saves your health, time, and money in the long run.